What is the value add?
Microsoft Teams and Office 365 Groups are incredibly powerful productivity tools for modern collaboration! With default self-service turned on, they can also quickly get out of control.
This open source project maintains self-service, but adds a level of control and consistency. Approvals can only be required for certain types of requests, and power users can be auto-approved. Teams are pre-configured with templated tabs, tags, and channels. Templates are further integrated to support OneNote, Planner, and full SharePoint PnP site templates.
Owners still have control, IT has better governance, and everyone finds consistent Teams and Office 365 Groups easier to work in!
What does the Open Source project include?
Teams / Sites SPFx Request Form Web part
- Enables requesting of new Teams, Channels, Office 365 Groups, and SharePoint sites
- Has configurable fields:
- Divisions - Can represent a division of your organization or be renamed
- Usually has an associated Hub Site
- Template - Pre set structure of the Team / Group / Site to be created
- One or more templates can be defined for a particular Division
- Form can be easily customized through content types for each template
- Blacklisted Titles can be defined
- Office 365 Group - Can be created depending on the site template chosen
- Alias or Site URL is automatically generated
Sites List and Logic App Workflow
- SPFx form submits to SharePoint List
- Logic App Workflow triggered by new entry in the list
- Determines if approval is required and routes to the correct users
- Creates the Team and / or Site and applies the templates
- Applies any additional customizations through PowerShell
A-Z Web part
- Supports different site visibility
- Public sites everyone (except external) sees
- Private you need to belong to, but can be discovered as an available site
- Hidden are only shown to people that belong to them
- Display as an A-Z list, tabs, or a simple list
- Can be filtered to only show a particular division