Looking for a single platform for a bilingual web publishing portal and a collaboration portal with the additional security of an extranet, Microsoft SharePoint was an obvious choice. Its ability to integrate with CRM databases, used for all records, data management and storage at BGCC, was crucial. Enhanced web analytics to track site usage and measure campaign success are a priority, and SharePoint enables rich analytics and visualizations out of the box. SharePoint 2010 was chosen because of the platform’s flexibility in providing a fully functional public internet site. Envision IT developed various custom web parts with online forms for donations, newsletters and alumni sign-up. These are fully integrated with the organization’s CRM database and third-party billing system, while workflows automatically spin off acknowledgement emails. Surveys, blogs, wikis and incorporation of social media were all important requirements of the platform – features that are fully supported in SharePoint 2010. Well structured navigation and enhanced search and tools, such as the Envision IT Image Rotator, all contribute to a vastly improved user experience.
The addition of the Envision It Extranet User Manager extends SharePoint functionality by providing BGCC with the necessary tools to create accounts for members, staff and volunteers outside of their domain. It then allows users to collaborate selectively inside a secure SharePoint environment. The tool provides password management and lost password retrieval, a landing page for directing external users into their sites, display & management of users’ site access, and web-based account creation and management. The site makes use of audience targeting so that logged-in users find the resources they need based on their permissions.
The Expected Results
- Greater public awareness from a projected increase in site visits to the new BGCC homepage and increased click-throughs
- Marketing campaigns, site usage and donations that can be tracked and measured
- Increased online donations and prospective donors through the site
- More kids served annually and more communities encouraged to start clubs
- Public trust built with surveys to track website user satisfaction and encouraged submission of featured stories
- Online platform for optimizing communication, information sharing and innovation across the BGCC movement
- Provision of support, expertise, quality resources and online training, particularly to new club staff
- Club staff and volunteers across the country kept connected to the movement
- Portal that facilitates networking and sharing of knowledge, success stories, innovation and expertise through community discussion forums, online/offline events and document sharing
More Nonprofit Resources
Take a browse through all of our Nonprofit content in one spot: