Webinar: Extranets in SharePoint 2013
Azure B2B Best Practices
Have a question?
Thursday, April 11, 2013
1:00 - 2:00 PM EST
Microsoft SharePoint delivers a secure platform that allows a tailored approach towards achieving business goals with an Extranet. A SharePoint Extranet can support the following objectives:
- Build an online community
- Allow interaction between organization and customers, partners, vendors, and volunteers
- Reduce supply chain inefficiencies
- Offer customer self-service strategies
- Share business resources with partners
There are some exciting licensing changes in SharePoint 2013 that really changes the game for both Extranets and public web sites. For on-premises installations, Microsoft is eliminating the For Internet Sites license requirement, bringing the licensing costs down significantly. Likewise in the cloud, Microsoft now provides up to 10,000 external user accounts for Extranets in Office 365, with no additional subscription fees.
Envision IT's Extranet User Manager extends SharePoint 2010 and 2013 to support delegated user management, self-service, and a rich login and account management user experience.
In this webinar, we will cover off the following topics:
- Extranet scenarios on premise and in the cloud with both Office 365 and Windows Azure
- Licensing implications
- User management and authentication
- Case studies
The examples we will be showcasing are:
- As an Internet web site members-only area developed for non-profit organizations (www.bgccan.com)
- As a series of health care portals (www.problemgambling.ca)
- As a platform for retail web sites to enable tenants to post promotions and job offerings (www.torontoeatoncentre.com)
- As a Volunteer Information Portal for charitable events (Heart and Stroke Foundation)