Webinar: Improve Your Extranet's User Experience
Stay in the loop
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Thursday, October 10, 2019
12 - 1 PM EDT
User experience is important in all technology solutions, but particularly so in Extranets. Your external users (customers, partners, vendors, volunteers, etc.) have a wide range of comfort with technology, and may not be highly motivated to understand what you've built for them. Ensuring they can create their account and get to the resources they need is critical.
Join us in this webinar where we take you through how we've optimized that user experience, whether you're using Office 365 and SharePoint Online for your Extranet, or building it internally or on other technology stacks. You'll be able to try it out yourself as well, in our updated website and new Test Drive sections.
- Build your Extranet in Office 365, SharePoint Online and Microsoft Teams
- Leverages Azure Active Directory B2B (Business 2 Business)
- Register and sign into Office 365 as an external user
- Use existing Office 365 credentials, Microsoft account, a one time passcode, or create your own account and password
- Build your Extranet in SharePoint On Premises, Azure Web Sites, WordPress, or any other modern web stack
- Manage your users in your own SQL Server database
- Leverage Open ID Connect, SAML 2, or WS-Federation to connect
- Let users sign in with their email address and password, or federate with Google, Facebook, or Microsoft
Here's the User Experience flow we'll be going through in the webinar:
- Register and sign in is often the biggest hurdle. Not only do we have to reduce steps and make it as simple as possible, but let's combine it into one flow so you don't need to remember if you have an account or not
- You're in, but how do you update your profile?
- What was your password again, and how do you reset it?
- I have a group I'd like you to join. Let's go through public and private groups. How you discover them, request to join them, get approved, and share them with others
- What groups do you belong to? Navigate quickly to the sites you're a member of
- You've got a more involved scenario. Leverage Microsoft Flow to integrate many different systems
- You're a techie and want to go deeper with integration. Leverage REST APIs to build a full custom solution