Join Your ERP and Microsoft Teams At The Hip - Technical Deep Dive (Part 2 of 2)
Tuesday, February 23, 2021
12 - 1 PM EDTView Recording View Presentation
This is the second webinar in a two part series on joining your ERP with Microsoft Teams. We will take a technical deep dive into the solution and analyze the processes under the hood. We'll be going through the following at both a conceptual level and through live demo.
- Using Logic Apps to automate the connection from your ERP, CRM, or LOB system
- Using Azure Automation, PowerShell, and Microsoft Patterns and Practices (PnP) cmdlets to automate the creation and configuration of Teams, SharePoint, OneNote, and Planner
- Security first design at all points of integration – triggers into Logic Apps, Azure Automation connections to the Microsoft Graph, Teams, SharePoint, and Azure AD
- Packaging your solution as an ARM template to simplify deployment to dev, test, and prod environments
- Leveraging Azure DevOps for Continuous Integration of the deployments through DevOps Pipelines
Don’t worry if the above feels too complicated for your organization. There’s lots of value in leveraging portions of the approach as appropriate.
In Part 1 of this series, we discussed:
- Value of joining your ‘system of record’ and Microsoft 365 at the hip
- Using Logic Apps to connect to Microsoft 365
- Teams messages to key stakeholders to notify them of the initiated Teams creation
- Passing key ‘system of record’ parameters into an automated provisioning process
- Extranet User Manager integration to support structural external sharing.
We hope that you'll join our conversation!