Compliance and Document Collection with External Parties
Thursday, April 8, 2021
12 - 1 PM EDT
If you've ever used the Request Files feature in OneDrive, you've likely realized how fantastic it is for document collection from different external parties. It is a great solution, however we found it challenging to scale to a structured compliance document collection scenario where you're collecting documents on a recurring basis from external parties.
Another piece missing is the ability to leverage the full meta-data tagging available from within SharePoint Online. With the request coming in consistently looking for a more robust solution, we collaborated with customers to come up a very user friendly webpart that enabled minimal tagging of documents and let the technology take care of the rest.
The output from this was the creation of a custom SPFx webpart specifically for document collection. At a high level, the webpart does the following:
- SPFx webpart is deployed to the SharePoint site
- Users drag and drop one or more documents on the webpart to be uploaded
- Subset of library columns can be exposed to easily collect required and optional metadata
- Submitted documents are uploaded and posted to a Logic App workflow
- File renaming, metadata, security can all be done specific to the business requirements in the Logic App
- Uploads to SharePoint library
This provides a really nice experience for the external user and ensures compliance from a document collection perspective.
In this webinar we will cover:
- Business cases for recurring document collection
- SPFx webpart features
- Underlying Logic App workflow
- External user access provided by Extranet User Manager