What You Missed from Microsoft Ignite 2019
M365 Branded Portals
M365 Branded Portals
Have a question?
In our webinar this week, EUM President and Microsoft MVP Peter Carson (@carsonpeter) was joined by two fellow MVPs to discuss takeaways from Microsoft Ignite conference, held last week in Orlando, Florida, and share some of their insights from attending the conference. Joining Peter were Joel Oleson (@joeloleson), Director at Perficient, Microsoft Regional Director and MVP, and Christian Buckley (@buckleyplanet), Founder of CollabTalk, and also a Microsoft RD and MVP.
Microsoft Ignite is, of course, the company's premier event for the technical community, with content and announcements presented to IT professionals and key decision-makers across every product area within the company. In this EUM panel discussion, Peter, Joel and Christian waded through the many product and service announcements from the keynotes, and focused their attention specifically on the announcements around collaboration and communication within the Microsoft 365 offerings, including SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Yammer, and beyond.
Between keynotes from Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, Corporate VP over Microsoft 365, Jared Spataro, and Corporate VP over Office 365 Jeff Teper, this year's Ignite event was very news-heavy -- including the rebranding of Microsoft Flow to Power Automate, the preview of a new AI-driven knowledge network solution called Project Cortex, new services offerings such as Azure Arc, Endpoint Manager, and Azure Synapse, and a number of incremental improvements to SharePoint around search and the "Intelligent Intranet." Over the coming weeks, we will continue to dig into all of this news and share our perspectives on how these things will impact our business, and yours.
Here are links to some of the announcements mentioned in the webinar, as well as the Ignite keynotes and sessions from which they were shared:
- Vision Keynote with Satya Nadella | Microsoft Ignite 2019 https://youtu.be/jnUiJi4hts4
- Microsoft 365: The World's Productivity Cloud with Jared Spataro https://youtu.be/I1BtbsiUFYg
- Highlights from Microsoft Ignite 2019 (EUM.co) https://youtu.be/BdT8SXGoclA
- From new Microsoft Teams experiences to the all-new Project Cortex—here's what's coming soon to Microsoft 365 (Jared Spataro) http://bit.ly/M365_Ignite
- Use the power of cloud intelligence to simplify and accelerate IT and the move to a modern workplace (Brad Anderson) http://bit.ly/Cloud_Ignite
- Project Cortex deep dive | Intelligent knowledge management built on SharePoint with Naomi Moneypenny on Microsoft Mechanics https://youtu.be/sWAaq2R6TtY
- SharePointTV Episode 3 - Guests Jeff Teper and Dan Holme - LIVE from Ignite https://youtu.be/3EtN3Br224E
- AI and Cortana in Microsoft 365 put people at the center (Andrew Shuman) http://bit.ly/AI_Ignite
- Microsoft Ignite 2019 Community Reporter Interview: Jared Spataro https://youtu.be/OXfSW-DvNik
Be sure to check out the recording below to hear more from Peter, Joel and Christian about the standout announcements, and why they think they are important to your business: