SharePoint Saturday Toronto 2019
Want more info?
Check out upcoming
Saturday, November 23, 2019
8 AM - 4:30 PM EST
4:30 PM EDT
Peter Carson, President of Extranet User Manger is speaking at SharePoint Saturday Toronto on Saturday, November 23, 2019
SharePoint Saturday focuses on the community of SharePoint users and is dedicated to educating and engaging members of the local technical community. In this event local SharePoint end users, administrators, power users, architects, developers, user experience designers, and other professionals that work with Microsoft SharePoint technologies will come together to share their real world experiences, lessons learned, best practices, and general knowledge with other like‐minded individuals.
SharePoint Saturday is a free event, open to the public and is your local chance to immerse yourself in SharePoint! Breakfast, lunch, and a snack will be provided courtesy of the generous sponsors (interested in sponsoring, contact the organizers). There will also be raffles for tons of exciting gifts.
SharePoint Saturday Sessions:
Office 365 Extranets - Unstructured and Structured - Sat 1:45 PM — 60 min (MPR E)
In this session we will cover both configuring sharing appropriately, and the user experience for both content sharers and recipients. We'll go through a number of different scenarios.
- External sharing in OneDrive and SharePoint Online
- Azure AD B2B (Business to Business)
- Custom and third party options leveraging the Graph API
- Microsoft's new Entitlement Management portal's Access Packages for external users
Electronic Forms and Alternative SharePoint App Approaches - Sat 3:00 PM — 60 min (MPR E)
In this session we'll go through quite a few scenarios, both from the user perspective and lightly under the hood, using real-life examples. Microsoft Flow will factor in all of these scenarios, providing the back end business processes behind the forms.
The options we'll look at are:
- Microsoft Forms and Forms Pro
- Adaptive cards with input forms
- Power Apps forms and apps
- An SPFx and React form that dynamically generates its fields based on a SharePoint content type
- An interactive, responsive HTML form built with Bootstrap and standard HTML 5 that posts to a Flow workflow
Open source and a deeper white paper will be provided for those that want to get their hands dirty on the code outside of the session.
Full event and session details are available at http://www.spsevents.org/city/Toronto/home