Mississauga, December 15, 2017 - Extranet User Manager has had a very active year attending and supporting conferences throughout North America and we were thrilled to be attending SharePoint Fest Chicago as an exhibitor! Conversations were with a mixture of C-Level executives, consultants, solution architects, and developers who all had varying degrees of experience with SharePoint.
Some of the hot topics discussed at the Extranet User Manager booth included:
- Office 365, Office 365, Office 365… Which we absolutely love to hear. Lots of attendees advocating for the migration to the cloud, which shows the trust and respect Microsoft has rightfully earned!
- New Office 365 external sharing capabilities focused on simplified access and reverification of identity. Now when sending links through external sharing, a user receives a single use, time limited verification code to access the document eliminating the need to create or maintain a Microsoft account.
- Customizable, repeatable, simple solutions are a must for both customers and partners. The motion of finding the best of breed products that provide a baseline to work off is crucial! Saves time, effort, budget, and headaches.
Did you miss speaking with us at Booth #40 in the Exhibitor Hall? We covered how Extranet User Manager (EUM) can enhance your external collaboration efforts!
Having a strategy of encouraging collaboration and adoption of the tools you make available to your external user groups is crucial! We at Extranet User Manager are experts in determining the best route to pursue when it comes to looking at your external sharing strategy as there are often many pieces to the overall puzzle:
- What platforms are you invested in and does this make sense for forward thinking?
- What types of external sharing platforms currently exist within your organization?
- Do you have a governance plan in place surrounding externally shared content?
- What types of interactions are your users having with external users?
- What is the technical ability of the external user group?
These are a few of the many questions we were asking individuals during the conference to help show the value of understanding the external user group prior to implementing a solution. At Extranet User Manager we are advocates for having a plan in place, enforcing it, and ensuring your external sharing use case is adopted by all parties. For that reason, we provided best practices and guidelines of when to use OOTB Office 365 External Sharing, Azure AD B2B, and lastly our Extranet User Manager solution.
The Extranet User Manager Team would like to congratulate Kathryn Tanner from the Carle Foundation Hospital for winning the draw for a $200 Amazon e-giftcard! Kathryn, we hope you enjoy the prize and it saves you some time this busy holiday season while shopping for gifts!
If you missed SharePoint Fest Chicago, then you're in luck as the next SharePoint Fest will be in Washington DC from March 26th – 30th. As you'd expect, the Extranet User Manager team will be there to support the event! Looking forward to seeing you there!